New iOS Release: BirdLog North America 1.5.2!
The world’s best bird logging app just got better with our latest release, 1.5.2.
- improved GPS performance
- offline checklist creation options, including better use of recent checklists,confirmation of rarities before submission and better location confirmation process.
- trip counter summary email that lists all locations and summarizes which species were seen in each
Look What's New in Version 1.5.2
- Fixed a bug that caused the year to display as 2012 rather than the current year on the date/time selection page.
- The "checked" view now sorts by Taxonomic order. Common Gallinule will no longer appear on the bottom of the list and the Falcons will now appear in the right place!
- When you email a checklist, a csv file version is now attached. Note however, that the csv file is in a format that isn't easy to read if you happen to be a human being, so we will need to enhance this feature in a future upgrade. For example, it uses eBird's TaxonID rather than the species name. Still, the csv file feature will be helpful for a few people who want to do separate file upload.
- BirdLog North is available now for the iPhone, iPod, iPad and Android devices.
- Bird listing app: Keeps a running tally of how many of each species you’ve seen
- Create lists even when there is no cell coverage
- Quick Entry bar makes data entry fast and easy
- Plot the exact location of your sightings using your phone's GPS
- Australia & New Zealand
- Mexico & Central America
- South America
... plus a bunch of other miscellaneous bug fixes and enhancements
Enter your sightings into eBird where you need it ... in the field! Introductory price of $9.99 USD (Regular $14.99).
BIRDLOG NORTH AMERICA : eBird data entry on the Fly...Where you need it!
Enter bird sightings into eBird where and when you need it ... in the field! BirdLog is the exclusive mobile data entry tool for eBird
$9.99 in the App Store or Google Play:
You may also want to checkout these other BirdLog versions:
Enter your sightings into eBird right from the field with BirdLog! You can even create checklists when there is no cell phone data coverage for later upload when you return to an area with cell phone or wifi.
BirdLog was developed by active eBird users as a power app for submitting data into eBird. If you are not already familiar with eBird, we recommend that you visit ebird.org and register before using BirdLog the first time.
BirdLog is the exclusive mobile data entry app for eBird that allows you to:
✔ Plot the exact location of your sightings using your phone's GPS
✔ Easily increment species counts with a single tap or search the checklist using 4-letter codes
✔ Create new personal locations or choose an existing hotspot or personal location for your checklist
✔ Create checklists even when there is no cell phone coverage to later submission to eBird
✔ Automatically keeps track of day and trip lists that you can email to yourself or friends
✔ Enter birds quickly and easily as you see them using bird codes or full names
✔ Scroll and review your checklist before submitting it
BirdLog is a universal app designed for crystal-clear use on iPhone, iPod Touch and Android.
★ “BirdLog will fundamentally change the way we go birding,” Chris Wood, eBird Project Leader. ★
★ “I enter more checklists simply because it’s so easy, and still have more free time at home. I’ve waited for in-the-field data entry for years,” Marshall Iliff, eBird Project Manager.
★ “The ability to record real-time bird observations in the field and have them flow directly into the eBird database has huge implications, not just for birders and eBird, but for citizen-science in general,” Brian Sullivan, eBird Project Manager.
★ “BirdLog is stunning in its simplicity and efficiency. I now enter my almost daily observations in the field with greater accuracy in time, date, and numbers,” Ohio eBirder.
★This app is a must have buy - "A bit in price but well worth it. I have been looking for a app like this for a few years now. It's a time saver as well. After birding I normally go home and go on eBird and fill out my reports and it takes a extra hour for 5 spots or so. This app beats writing down your birds. The bad thing about this app is putting specie counts in in the field and you might miss a bird. Besides that this is the best thing since slice bread. What a time saver and well organized." - TheBirdman666
★Excellent! - "Great app, works well and I love that I can enter my e-bird sightings in the field now. It works even better now that you can switch tasks and come back without a crash or reset. I second the suggestion of adding miles as an option in addition to km. I also really like the function where it narrows the search to the birds that are likely for the spot I am birding in. I do wish there was a way to get this functionality to work with offline checklists." - JackMoridin
Powered by eBird
Our company is committed to birds, the birding community and bird conservation. We are proud to provide financial support to the Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology. Every BirdsEye purchase you make directly supports the eBird project of the Cornell Lab of Ornithology. We think they’re worth it—now and for the future of birds and their habitats.