You Can Help!
If you are a BirdsEye or BirdLog user, then you know that our mission is to increase the quality and quantity of data flowing into eBird. See Dave's blog post on why we believe birders contributing their data to eBird is important for conservation and science.
Alone among the major groups making bird apps these days, we are actually passionate life-long birders ourselves. We are trying to find a way to make this project sustainable over the long term financially. However, we are devoting our full-time efforts to this project because of our love for birding, not for money. We want to find people who share our passion for birds to help us build the world's best birding software to support eBird.
Are you interested in helping us succeed? If so, please send us a message. Here are some of the ways you can help:
1) Make a financial contribution.
All contributions are appreciated, no matter how big, or small. Note that these contributions are unfortunately not tax deductible at this time. You can make a general contribution for us to use for software development, or you can make a targeted contribution:
- provide funds for us to give a part-time job to a young birder (high school or college) who wants to work in a bird-related job
- contribute towards creating regional or language specific versions. Currently we are hoping to find funding to support Latin American, Spanish and French-language versions for both BirdsEye and BirdLog
- contribute towards a new (unannouced) app geared towards helping new birders, especially kids, develop their birding skills and more importantly their passion for birding
- help us establish a non-profit arm focusing exclusively on bird conservation related projects.
2) Use our apps and encourage your friends to join in. Post positive (5 star reviews). These are a huge help to us!
3) Sign up for our newsletter. Forward it to your friends and post it on your facebook page.
4) Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter. Join us on Google+
5) Contribute your time. Here are some projects that can use your support:
- contribute photos or sounds for us to use in the apps and on the website, especially in areas outside of the US where our coverage is just beginning. We will gratefully acknowledge your support with a copyright notice, your name and a link to your website as well a mention on our website
- help us with an app
- write blog posts, video blogs or contribute your posts.
- help us create demo videos for our apps
- help us write text or edit photos for our apps
6) become a beta tester
If any of these ideas interest you, please get in touch!!!