Mobile Field Guide to the Birds of Peru
With a spectacular diversity of landscapes, elevations and habitats, the nation of Peru is extremely rich in history, culture, and, of course, birds! Home to over 1800 species of birds, Peru has some of the birdiest places on earth and attracts birders and nature enthusiasts from around the globe.
Peru’s overwhelming diversity of birds has never been easier to navigate with the new Birds of Peru mobile field guide. Created from a collaboration between the Princeton Field Guides and BirdsEye Nature Apps, this application is loaded with in-depth descriptions and easy to use interactive features, including:
- Detailed species accounts for all of Peru’s +1800 bird species
- Range maps showing species distribution in Peru.
- Songs and/or calls for 1510 species
- Gorgeous illustrations for every species, many with multiple plumages or geographic variation
- Interactive Smart Search tool helps narrow down birds by region, color, size and/or habitat
- Integrated listing to easily track your sightings as you go
The brilliance of Peru’s birds has been an integral part of the nation’s history, and plays an important part in the nation’s cultures and peoples of today. Birds of Peru is an important and must-have tool for all birders and travelers in Peru, and is also useful in Colombia, Ecuador, the Brazilian Amazon, and Bolivia.
The initial release of Birds of Peru will be for the iPhone/iPad/iPod. We hope to introduce an Android version of the app in the future. Please let us know if you are interested in an Android version and we can add you to our mailing list for status and updates.